<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Sugar High at Thierry Patisserie (Vancouver, Canada)

October 11, 2011

Sugar High at Thierry Patisserie (Vancouver, Canada)

Could it be true?  A french patisserie in Vancouver offering a colorful range of Macaroons, pain au chocolats and cafe au lait? 

Words cannot describe how ecstatic I was as soon as I stepped into Thierry for the first time. Vancouver definitely needs more desert shops. I have a major sweet tooth (especially after 6 pm) and have often struggled to find good dessert spots in Van city and have often had to turn to my bottle of Nutella. Thierry is  a well needed (and  well deserved for the sweet tooths) addition. 


Folks this is the real thing.  The maitre patissier Thierry Busset (formerly at Cin Cin) has done a fabulous job of bringing a bit of his homeland France to our city.I don't know if I should admit that I've been there everyday over the weekend...I was really doing it for my readers- how can I review a pastry shop if I have not tried everything on the menu? At this point, I feel confident enough to recommend Thierry to my readers. But do be careful as it is highly addictive and open late. On my last visit (or second to last visit) we went around 11 pm and the place was packed with stylish Vancouver fashionistas and foodies. It also has a liquor license which is great when you want to try one of their fabulous baguette sandwiches. 

Day 1: Latte and Pain au Chocolat



Day 2: Apricot danish












Day 3: I heart you too Thierry- Latte and apple turnover- crispy and delicious











Day 3 (Night): OK. I went twice in one day. But I was dragged there by friends...really its true. They made me. 

Day 4: Macaroons (Pistachio and Raspberry... there was no chocolate :(






Thierry Patisserie on Urbanspoon

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2011 , Blogger Gloria said...

Their baked goods and latte's look delicious and I love the presentation. I can't wait to try.
What's your favourite?

 
At December 21, 2011 , Blogger Hungry Nomad said...

Hi Gloria,

I can't really say I have a favorite since I love all their stuff. I do have to say that I was not a big fan of their pain au chocolat. Bel Cafe definitely has a better one. However, everything else is great. Did you get a chance to try it out yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home