<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.hungrynomad.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hungry Nomad: Lunch at the Hawksworth (Vancouver, Canada)

June 18, 2011

Lunch at the Hawksworth (Vancouver, Canada)

I have been very eager to try one of the most anticipated restaurant openings in Vancouver- the Hawksworth.  I finally went there for lunch this past week (apparently its practically impossible to get a dinner reservation these days) and was very pleased with both the food and service.

The decor is very smart, chic and elegant. Single while calla lilies are placed at each white-marble topped table. A dark-wooden wall with two tall arches separates the dining area into two spaces: the art room with abstract paintings covering the wall and black spider like ceiling lights, and the pearl room with its stunning and massive chandelier.

For me it was a true fine dining experience and yet there was no air or pretense to the place. Every table gets a visit from a member of the 'wine team'- a great idea considering the wine list is over 17 pages long including dessert wine, sake and sherry. 

The menu is very well thought out. Every single dish looked absolutely delightful. As an appetizer we went with prociutto wrapped around delicious bread drizzled with olive oil. I don't know what exactly the bread was but it was absolutely delicious...crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. 



The fries were a mix between baked potatoes and deep fried fries and I learnt from the server that in fact the fries are first baked and then lightly fried to perfection. They were absolutely DELICIOUS. 


Tuna Salad
 For my main dish I opted for the roasted hanger steak served with thrice cooked frites, arugula, and chimmichurri sauce. First of all, I have to say that I love chimichurri sauce so as soon as I saw that the steak was served with chimmichurri my mind was made up. Chimmichurri sauce is originally from Argentna and Uruguay and is served with meat.

Hanger steak served with chimichurri sauce and mouth-watering fries
 The entire meal was fabulous and I am now planning to take another trip to Hawksworth. This time for dinner. Keep your eye out for my next post on dinner at the Hawksworth. 



Hawksworth on Urbanspoon

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2011 , Blogger 4David said...

I will definitely try this restaurant. It truly sounds amazing and delicious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home